Video Editor / Production
I am a tenacious video production and digital media designer whose journey from San Francisco to New York has led 7 years of experience championing brand creative against the fashion and entertainment industries. A passion for film and video content development, coupled with expertise in graphic design and leveraging technology to create visual effects, has awarded me international recognition at multiple film festivals.
TubeScience | Los Angeles, CA (Remote)
Video Editor (Nov, 2020—Jun 2021) / Senior Video Editor (Jun, 2021—Present)
• Ideate/write/edit/iterate in tight feedback loops, working primarily with existing and create new footage. Collaborate closely with strategy, data analysts, producer, etc. Work on the largest Direct-to-Consumer brands, games, and apps.
o Created numerous of social media videos that reached millions of people; Top-performing winner videos have over 200k client spends and client-beating CPAs.
• Develop both original and iterative social media ads; Innovate new ways to repurpose and improve existing content, as well as across the social media ecosystem (FB, IG, TikTok).
o Successfully helped team to launch new clients and maintain a good revenue with more performance win videos.
• Optimize the viewer's experience of every video (storyline, composition, shot selection, copy, music, VO, GFX, pacing, transitions).
• Manage editor reports: Mentor editors by providing weekly feedback and guidance to uplevel work quality, as well as assisting with troubleshooting and training needs; Provide guidance on building their skills and/or advancing in directions they show interest/potential; Identify areas for improvement; Help unlocking and trouble-shooting any issue.
Pacific Culture Enterprises | New York, NY
Director of New Media / Video Production, (Mar, 2019—Current)
• Lead/build video production team; manage social media—2MM+ followers/website reached—16,000 views/day
o Analyze/report on market data/metrics; I.E. growth, engagement, etc. to determine/target audience or segments
o Create viral/digital programming/content to engage community; streamline production to minimize delays
• Oversee media strategy: ideate/execute commercial branding/video production/news reports/interviews/graphic design
o Develop partnership with Rubenstein PR through individual outreach; collaborate across departments on projects
§ Create lifestyle video series: “See New York”—fun spots in NYC; deliver value to PR firm’s clients:
§ Gain direct access to major media events as a consequence of delivering high-quality video segments to PR partner
o Create all aspects of branding awareness video: Global Fertility & Genetics client; on-site lab b-rolls/doctor interviews
§ Used as official branding video at trade shows to promote the medical technology, globally
Video Production Specialist, (Feb, 2014—Feb, 2019)
• Managed video shoots pre/post-production—production crews, actors, schedules/equipment, I.E., lighting/camera/sound
o Created branding videos/lifestyle profiles for clients; exclusive interviews with celebrities/innovators/politicians
o Led team to broadcast Live Shows; produced programs, I.E., Interview with Us, NYC lifestyle videos, etc.
• Improved video production quality to an upscale level; established better platform for video production
o Worked on short film, “Sonnet 48” with indie filmmakers as video editor/visual effects artist; created ‘little fairy’:
§ Represented poet’s spirit; used effects, I.E., particle, tracking, three-dimensional adjusting to bring to life
§ The Sonnet Project: infuses Shakespeare/today’s poetry—Best Short Film: Queens World Film Festival, 2017
o Led short film, “The Last Tip”—2017: CCIFF Official Selection; Golden Angel Award—13th Annual CAFF; 2018—8th Annual QWFF Official Selection; LA Asian Film Festival; CAAMFest35; KAFFNY Infinite Cinema; 40th AAIFF New York
o Spearheaded filming/editing U.S. Marine Corps documentary at recruit camp “The Few The Proud” to attract recruits
§ Collaborated with reporters: 4 days/~10 hours to show how recruits overcome challenges to become soldiers
§ Interviewed drill instructors/new recruits/parents; 27,000 YouTube views
§ 2018—Miami Short Film Festival Official Selection; 2019—Hoboken Film Festival Official Selection
Stylesight Inc. | New York, NY
Video Editor, (Jan, 2013—Feb, 2014)
• Created/edited fashion trend/design video content to engage subscribers/promote brand/services; mentored editor intern
o Filmed short documentaries/web content; design inspiration/prominent leader profiles; coverage of New York and
London Fashion Week
§ Developed case studies and interviews on retail/manufacturing innovators; I.E., Dawson Denim, Saturday Surf and Jason Denham
§ Collaborated on interview series with designers/beauty artists runway/backstage footage: ~3 interviews daily
o Manage the acquisition and archival of video, audio, and still image assets, processing raw footage and decisively organizing the structure of the story - editing videos from rough cut to final cut.
ACADEMY OF ART UNIVERSITY - SAN FRANCISCO, CA - 2010 TO 2013
MFA IN MOTION PICTURES AND TELEVISION
NANJING UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS - NANJING, CHINA - 2006 TO 2010
BA IN DIRECTING OF TELEVISION AND BROADCASTING
COMPETENCIES | ACHIEVEMENTS
• Technical: Adobe Premiere Creative Cloud/Suite, Final Cut Pro 7/X, Avid Media Composer, After Effects, Photoshop, Flash, Media Encoder, DaVinci Resolve, HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, Green Screen, GarageBand, Compressor, Pro Tools, FTP, Soundtrack Pro, Illustrator, Final Draft, Windows/Mac OS, MS Office Suite, communication and collaboration tools
• Awards: Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement; Best Short Film of Queens World Film Festival; Golden Angel Award of 13th CAFF; Official Selection of 2019 Miami Short Film Festival; Official Selection of 2019 HIFF